The original one-story building was designed by Clark and constructed in 1919. In that year the C. E. Gates Auto company moved from their business location in the Sparta Building at the northeast corner of North Riverside and East Main Streets. A second floor, believed to be designed by Clark, and large display windows on the first floor, were begun in November, 1926. Both floors provided a total of approximately 32,000 square feet and rivaled any garage in southern Oregon in size. C. E. Gates was a long time Medford car dealer of Fords, Lincolns, trucks and tractors; his office was proclaimed one of the \"best equipped in southern Oregon.\"
Medford Mail Tribune , 1/2/27, 1/1/28, 3/16/27, 6/1/20 Robert Keeney interview, 5/25/82 ;
NW corner of E 6th and North Riverside
Confirmed, SOHS Inventory