Originally built as a five-story brick U-shape in plan; broad overhanging eaves with decorative brackets projects above fifth floor; large three pane windows are square headed on West Main and North Ivy Street facade; segmental-arched windows on north wall; ground floor exterior walls stucco finish and large fixed light display windows. Although plans were initiated to add a sixth floor before completion of the building in 1911, these were never carried out.
Medford Sun: 4/2/11, 4/16/11, 4/15/11, 3/17/11, 1/6/10, 1/8/11, 8/20/11, 11/27/10. Ashland Tidings: 7/7/10 Medford Mail: ;1/1/14
Original building dimensions 75 x 120 feet with 92 rooms on 4 floors; hotel lobby (\"Palm Court\") finished in walnut and the dining room in elm and fir. C. C. Morehouse of San Francisco did all interior plaster work. Gladding and McBean of San Francisco furnished all terra cotta work for the exterior finish. J. J. O\'Hagan of the Thompson-Starrett Company supervised construction. The ground floor exterior walls were originally of white pressed brick. In 1914 the Hotel Medford was praised as \"among the leading hotels of Oregon including those of Portland.\" Emil Mohr was the Hotel proprietor for many years. \r\n\"Clark and Forster architects, with office both at Ashland and Medford, are at work on plans for one of the proposed big hotels for the latter place. The details are elaborate and embrace a large five story brick structure with all modern conveniences in keeping with demands of the present day...\" Ashland Daily Tiding 7/7/10\r\nFrank J. Forster (see Clark biographical paper) worked Frank Clark for a short period, probably part of 1910 and 1911. Other designs evolved by the two in partnership are elsewhere in this inventory. Forster returned to New York in 1911 and developed a successful career--particularly in residential architecture. (See Clark biographical sketch bibliography.)\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n', NULL),
('node', 'frankclarkphotos', 0, 9058, 9225, 'und', 0, 'Originally the residence of Edgar Hafer and built around 1905. Hafer established Big Pines Lumber Company in the \"early years\" of Medford. John A. Perl purchased Hafer\'s home around the turn of the century and Clark \'remodeled\' it in the 1920\'s to be used as a funeral home.