Erected (or remodeled) in 1922/1923; nothing of original left.
Significance: An early structure, the Community Hospital at 843 East Main Street in Medford is pictured in an advertisement on p.10 of the Medford Mail Tribune on 8/22/23. The structure was opened in September 1922 and was a remodeling of an earlier building on the site. The Mail Tribune for 9/2/22 (page 6) read: \"The building has been completely remodeled and every possible modern hospital facility has been installed...\"\r\nIn 1926 the hospital received a new addition and another remodeling; $60,000 was spent on the project and a public opening occurred in early 1927. C. E. Borg, retired contractor attests that Frank Clark was the architect for the project, and Robert Keeney lists this building as Clark\'s on his inventory. It is highly probable that Clark was involved in the original building and the 1922 remodeling, but papers do not list his name. The building later became the Century Building.
Borg interview. Robert Keeney\'s catalogue (SOHS) Medford Mail Tribune , 1/2/27, 5:5; 1/1/28