This post office was four miles east of present White City, near the junction of Antelope Creek and Yankee Creek Roads midway between the Lake Creek and Agate post offices. The site was named by the postmaster Hugo Von der Hellen after his ancestors' estate in Germany. A former diplomat in India, von Hellen settled his family in the Rogue Valley in 1889 and served as a state senator for twelve years.
Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)